Any use of ACI’s resources that disrupts the normal use of the system for others is deemed unacceptable. Accordingly, you shall accept the following restrictions for your employees or authorized users. As a customer, you agree to not use or allow others to use access to the Internet in the following manner:
- For illegal purposes;
- To copy or transmit any material that violates any federal law, state law, or local regulation which may include (but is not limited to) copyrighted material, threatening, obscene, libelous, harassing, or defamatory material, or material protected by trade secret laws;
- To transmit content that is legally obscene or violates child pornography statutes or contains graphic visual depictions of sexual acts, visual depictions of sexually explicit conduct involving children, or depictions of children, the primary appeal of which is prurient;
- To transmit any other sexually oriented material that, in the specific context, is offensive or inappropriate;
- To interfere with or to disrupt network user, services or equipment (disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer viruses or worms, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the network);
- To send unsolicited e-mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and information announcements;
- To use another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site;
- To post the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as SPAM);
- To alter, modify, or tamper with the IP address or those of any other person;
- To forge any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- To engage in conduct which interferes with ACI’s ability to provide service or interferes with the rights of others including, but not limited to hacking, circumvention of user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (cracking), “denial of service” attacks (port scans, “flooding” of networks, deliberate overload attempts, etc.), libel, invasion of privacy, consumer fraud, unauthorized dissemination of trade secrets, violation of trademark laws;
- To perform the unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- To scan or probe the security of the network for any purpose whatsoever by the use of packet sniffers, siphons, decoders, analyzers, password gathers, Satan, etc.
ACI reserves the right to change this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time. Any changes will be posted on its web site, sent to you via e-mail or sent to you via U.S. Mail.
Complaints may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org